Monday, September 18, 2017

First Page Review October 2017



Do you want to know what readers think when they read the first page of your book?

Welcome to The First Page Review blog hop happening during the month of October! The idea is simple. Sign the linky list, linking your own blog post that contains the first page--NO MORE than the first 1,000 words of a WIP, a manuscript, or a novel, published or unpublished.

This month-long blog hop is meant to answer one simple question for each participant. After reading your first 1,000 words, would a person continue reading it?

If you are so inclined, you can comment about why you would or wouldn't continue reading--in fact, that would be wonderful. If you do, please be professional and show respect for the author. 

This list will remain up for the month of October.

If someone takes the time to visit you and leave a comment, please repay the courtesy with a return visit to read theirs.

When signing up, please link directly to the post containing your first page--NOT to your general blog page.

During the month of October, authors can rewrite and tweak their first 1000 words at any time--a good way to take advantage of the wisdom and opinions shared in comments. 



Thanks! Looking forward to reading your first page!




11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I can't see the list on my phone (Android) but I can on my computer, Andrea. I left a comment for you on your blog. I'm glad you're interested in this. :-)

      Delete
  2. Drat missed it. When does the sign up for the next month start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daryl, no worries, we re-opened the list. First Page Review is an October exclusive event, so everyone should have the chance to sign up. Happy blog-hopping. :-) :-)

      Delete
  3. Hello, I wanted to say a long overdue HELLO to my fellow WeWriWa authors - it's been a long and trying year (some of you are aware of what's been going on) - I am hoping to be around more often, going to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Chelle - we're very happy to have you. :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Chelle! It's so good to see you again. I do a terrible job of keeping up with people, so I don't know what has been going on in your world. I'm sorry to read that it's been a trying year. I hope life turns around for the better for you. I'm sending a big, warm, welcome back hug to you. :-)

      Delete
  4. Hi, my friends. I just returned after major surgery. Now I'll give a shot at a taste of my latest release, Beware the Blue-Eyed Thunderbolt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie Malone bent down to the kitchen floor with some effort, where her cats gazed up at her and waited for their morning Fancy Feast. She noticed one was missing. Fluffy, the sweetest and oldest had limped away to lay on a rug. "Wait just a darn minute, somethings wrong with my Fluffy," flashed through her mind. She called the vet and made an appointment. Now she had to Get Gorgeous, an expression used in the cosmetic business and now she had her own company in the burbs.Still slim with vivid blue eyes and curly blond hair, no one would know she just turned sixty. Into her new BMW they went with Fluffy meowing like crazy.At the Vets, she waited her turn when suddenly she felt a man nearby. Instead of saying Hi she said Ouch and warm hands reached out to gaze into her blue eyes and smile with his blue eyes as he massaged her neck.

      Delete
    2. Oh my, Charmaine, I've been watching facebook, concerned about you!! Thank you for checking in. I will read your entry tomorrow. Hugs and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

      Delete
    3. Thanks for thinking of me. I'm better, little by little and still I wrote 2 stories during this bad time. Beware the Blue-Eyed Thunderbolt published and Lulu Knows best-a Christmas Charmer.

      Delete